http://ww2020.net/wp-content/uploads/Walla_Walla_logo1.png 150 200 Site Manager http://ww2020.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ww2020_logo.png Site Manager2015-11-09 08:40:372015-11-14 08:46:36Opportunity to Put Your Fingerprints on Walla Walla's Future
There are openings on several City advisory committees, five of which were created as a result of lobbying by Walla Walla 2020.
The committees meet once a month, generally for about an hour and a half, to discuss items under the purview of the committee and make recommendations to the city council and staff.
You can find out more about each committee on the City’s website: http://www.wallawallawa.gov/city/boards
- BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – Two openings for three year terms. Must be a resident of the City.
- LEOFF 1 DISABILITY BOARD – One opening for a two year term. This citizen at large position will be appointed by the four current members on the Board (two City Council Members, one Fire representative, one Police representative) and must be a resident of the City.
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION – One opening for a term expiring June 30, 2018. This position may be filled by a City resident or a person residing within the City’s urban growth area.
- INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT COMMITTEE – Two openings for three year terms. One member must be a certified public accountant or someone with comparable experience and training. Must be a resident of the City.
- PARKS, RECREATION & URBAN FORESTRY ADVISORY BOARD – One opening for a three year term. Must be a City resident.
- PLANNING COMMISSION – One opening for a three year term. Must be a City resident.
- PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD – One opening for a five year term.
- SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE – One opening for a term expiring June 30, 2018. Must be a City resident.
- WATER & WASTEWATER ADVISORY COMMITTEE – Two openings for terms expiring June 30, 2018. Must be a City resident.
Applications for these unpaid positions are available in the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 15 North 3rd Ave., by calling 524-4348, or online at http://www.wallawallawa.gov/
The deadline for submitting applications is Thursday, December 10, 2015.