Legal Description: supplied by owner. Short version:
Lot 13 plus the Easterly 34.75 feet of lot 12 in block 3 of Isaacs 3rd Addition to the City of Walla Walla, Washington.
Title and Occupant History:
Isaacs 3rd Addition to the City of Walla Walla was plated by Henry P. Isaacs in April, 1900.
Henry P. Isaacs started several flour mills in eastern Washington, Idaho, and Oregon (1858 in Ft. Colville, 1862 in Walla Walla, 1864 in Boise, 1865 in Middleton, Idaho, 1883 in Prescott, and 1898 in Wasco, Oregon). W.O. Lyman referred to him as lithe foremost miller on the Pacific Coast” in his History of Walla Walla County (W.H. Lever, Publisher, 1901). Isaacs also successfully experimented with almost every variety of fruit and vegetable grown in the northern temperate zone and was a “booster” for Walla Walla, encouraging rail lines in the valley and introducing the bill that established the state penitentiary in Walla Walla.
July 18, 1903-Grace G. Isaacs et. al. sold lot 12, block 3 (and lots 3 & 12 of block I, lots 3 & 12 of block 2, and lot 3 of block 3) of Isaacs 3rd Addition to Charlotte Doheny (Deed book 88, page 202).
March 14, 1904–Lucie Isaacs & Bessie I. Savage sold lot 13, block 3 of Isaacs 3rd Addition to the H.P. Isaacs Co. (Deed book 91, page 294).
March 18, 1904–Charlotte Doheny and husband sold lot 12, block 3 of Isaacs 3rd Addition to Sadie K Caswell (Deed book 89, page 366).
March 18, 1904–Sadie K. & A.B. Caswell sold the Easterly 34.75 feet of lot 12, block 3, Isaacs 3rd Addition to H.W. Martin (Deed book 89, page 368).
March 19, 1904–H.P. Isaacs Co. sold lot 13, block 3 of Isaacs 3rd Addition to Harry W Martin for $500 (Deed book 91, page 306)
Harry W. Martin is first listed as living at 705 Boyer Ave. in A.L. Polk & Co.1s Walla Walla City & County Directory of 1905, indicating that the house was built by him in 1904.
Harry W. Martin is listed in the city directories as living there from 1905-1932, with no listing in 1933. His occupation is listed, in 1904, as bookkeeper with Miles C. Moore & Sons; in 1905 & 1907, as teller at Baker� Boyer Bank; in 1908, as bookkeeper; in 1914, as insurance agent; in 1923- 24, as secretary of Blalock Fruit & Produce Co., Inc.; in 1931-32, as secretary-treasurer-manager of Blalock Fruit; and in 1937, as a fieldman for Walla Walla Canning Co.
December 18, 1935–H.W. Martin and Ada Martin sold the property to the Prudential Insurance Co. of America (Deed book 192, page 44).
June 1, 1945–The Prudential Insurance Co. sold the property to C. Willis and Kathryn A. Hunt for $3,500 plus purchase money paid earlier ($2,620. 52} (Deed book 220, page 424).
The city directory first lists C. Willis Hunt residing at 705 Boyer in 946. His profession is listed as blacksmith until 1954-55. when it is welder. In 1956 and 1957, he is listed as manager of the Willis Hunt Repair Shop.
Carl W. Hunt, Jr. is listed as the manager of the Willis Hunt Repair Shop from 1958-61 and he is listed as residing at 705 Boyer Ave.
April 23, 1962–sells the property to Roy Henry Baker (Deed book 301, page 550, deed #438463). The Assessor’s records list $10,000 as the price.
Roy Henry Baker is listed in Ted Hartis Walla Walla Residents & Business Registrations as living at 705 Boyer in 1963-65 with the occupation of assistant manager of Groseclose Mortuary.
June 19, 1967 –Roy Henry Baker sold the property to Floyd& Mary Koch (Deed book 341, page 120). The Assessors’ records list $12,500 as the price.
Floyd Koch, farmer and Mary Koch, teacher of Latin at Wa-Hi are listed as residents of 705 Boyer Avenue from 1967-1971 in Hart’s city directories.
June 25, 1971–Floyd Koch relinquished his contract to Roy Henry Baker (Deed book 342. page 276).
September 30, 1971–Roy Henry & Dorothy M. Baker sold the property, for $3, 852.27 + assume contract balance of $8,103.63, to Walter J. & Ruth M. Precht (Deed book 342, pages 277-279).
The Prechts are not listed in the city directories.
July 3, 1975–Walter J. & Ruth M. Precht sold the property to Elliott L. & Frances G. Uhlenhopp (Official Records book 29, page 79). The Assessors’ records list the price as $16.500.
Elliott L. Uhlenhopp is first listed at 705 Boyer Ave. in Hart’s 1977 city directory with the occupation of professor at Whitman College.
June, 1977–Elliott L. Uhlenhopp sold the property to Robert J. Carson.prepared by Michael W. Smith, 5/94